Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 7, 2010

Dad sent an e-mail of one of his journal entries:

We had fun interacting with the two, cute little Simmons girls, Jenna and Elle. Elle caught on to Grampa's "roll 'em and roll 'em" skill building, training, grandkid requirement thing right fast. The next two days, when I would walk by her, she would quietly roll 'em, with a big smile, to get my attention. That's my kind of grandkid! Jenna is cute and smart and requires her mother to muster maximum psychology before she responds to parental guidance. Liz said she once asked her to pick up her toys one day and got, "I'm tired of this crappe and not going to do it anymore!" Pretty sad when parents teach their kids such language. :)


My reply:
That is hilarious! I don't remember that. The psychology has always been necessary with Jena, however, and I do remember that part. Now that she's 9 I get why. Just a wise one beyond her years. My mother in law said of her yesterday you know if you and adam disappeared for some freaky reason Jena would literally be able to take care of your family for you. They would eat and clean and be ok. She's so right. Incredible young lady in smarts and reason and ability. It has been amazing to watch her. I'm certain that spiritually she is my elder by far- all my babies. They just had to come later so I get to be older here but I fear she'll out run me intellectually in the next few years and then what? :)
I guess they can just teach me and we'll all still keep learning together :)

No comments:

Post a Comment