Tuesday, August 31, 2010

August 31

Fun day today. The house was disaster b/c I did my once a month crazy shopping trip but I stayed happy, helped everyone clean up , we even did our work is done song and dance. We practiced mom reading time and picked from the treat trreasure box, it went sooo great! After dinner we cleaned up to tunes, Jena Ellie and I were cleaning up, the little kids we out jumping and the 3 of us were wailing it on the solo parts of one step at a time and I got alll emotional about it! Jena says mom are you crying? Yeah. Why? and she turns down the music and I hug them close and tell them b/c all my life I dreamed of having this- being best friends with my kids, working and singing together......I'm in love. It is such a joyful time of life. Had an alone moment and tried to muster up some real sincerity about wanting God's help in hpmeschooling but I couldn't arouse the feelings of desperation or of great need. I know God will be therre and I'll need his help but I feel soooo totally ok with teaching the kids. Granted I've never done it but I know it is part of my gifts in life and I know I can so whatever is coming, I know I've been called and I will go!

I remembered a quote that has been meaningful to me lately. It's from remember the titans. The hurt whire guy says to his nurse when she won't let his black friend in on account he's not family Julie, are you blind? That's my brother. I've felt a deeper connection to the great whole of the earth and of being part of God's family and often when I forget I remember Lizzy- are you blind? That's your brother!!!!!!!!! Love it. Levi and I rode our horses to gather the bathroom trashes today.....mine was faster :)

No comments:

Post a Comment